Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The thing about being a temp worker


The thing about being a temp worker is that it's not permanent.

Now I realize that sounds redundant, but in actuality, it makes perfect sense. Because nothing is ever actually permanent. No one stays at their first job for their entire lives. So it's hardly a permanent situation. But we call it that.

All that said, my temp assignment came to an end today. Way back when I was first hired, I was told it was a temp position and that it could last anywhere from a week to a few months. It lasted four months. So while I have until the end of the week until I have to say 'goodbye', the new job hunt started today. A quick call to the temp agency and now I wait. well, not really wait because I have an interview with another temp agency on Monday and another phone interview for an in-person interview I had about two months ago on Wednesday. So hopefully something pans out. It always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment