Friday, January 15, 2010

Ever had the dickens scolded out of you?



And no lying allowed! We've all had the dickens scolded out of us. Maybe as a kid you pushed your female classmates into the street while walking up to the bus stop from school - and then had the dickens scolded out of you by your parents.

Or maybe you forgot your anniversary and arrived home from work giftless with an irrate wife who proceded to scold the dickens out of you.

Me, I had the dickens scolded out of me yesterday while chatting on Google chat with a friend of mine who lives down in the Cape of Storms. Somehow we got onto the topic of South Africans and how South African expats abroad like to bash their home country/insult the government/complain about crime. I made the mistake of doing the latter. And out came the fangs. Liewe hemel did I get the dickens scolded out of me? You're damn right I did. And now I know not to do it again.

Valuable lesson learned.

1 comment:

  1. Ha, you picked a bad day to do it! SA is indeed riddled with crime and corruption! We're just so tired of being constantly reminded of it by South Africans who live overseas and seem to take morbid delight in telling us this. Like:" Yaay! I now live in Moosejaw, and you're all getting raped in the bum back in SA. Yaaay!" South Africans overseas are OBSESSED with the crime issue and it gets repetitive. Hope your job interview went well!

    ReplyDelete