Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I have a lot to prove


Sounds a little narcisistic, I know, but hey, what the hell, it's my blog. I'm back on the job hunt and changing my resume (or maybe I should say "tailoring my resume" to each of the positions I am applying for has made me reflect on myself and my abilities.

What am I really good at? I like to think I can write. I'm really good at spending time on the internet. But I've applied for a position as a business development person with an architectural firm, and I've been called back for a 2nd meeting. I have never worked in business development before. Where the hell does one start?

If I got the job, would I have something to prove to myself? Hell yeah, to myself AND my employer. At this point, I shall gladly take advice from readers on how to solicit new business for an architectural firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment