Friday, January 29, 2010

I wait. And I wait.

I'm not the most patient person I know. I'm patient with kids, that's all. When I was waiting at my psychotherapist's office, he was running about four minutes late. So I had a conversation with myself while I waited:

"So, self, should you leave? I mean seriously, therapist dude is late. Not a good sign."

"Maybe I should leave. I could always reschedule."

"I say go."

"Ok fine, that's it, I'm going to pack up my th... too late, there he is. Damn!"

I hate waiting. So when I went on my third interview last Tuesday with the friendly architect and his partner from New York, they mentioned that they would get back to me by the "end of next week". Today is Friday, the very end of next week. The tail end of next week. And no call. No email. Again, the voices spoke to me:

"Hey, self, should you call him?"

"Nah, maybe I should email him."

"I think you should call. At the end of the day."

I didn't call. It wouldn't be right. I shall wait until Monday, if I can last that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment