Thursday, August 6, 2009

... two friends decide to get married

But this won't be your average run-of-the-mill kind of wedding. No, sirree Bob.

My friend N and his beau shall be tying the knot. And while this shall be a momentous occasion, it makes me wonder why the most industrialized nation in the world only allows/recognizes same-sex marriages three, yes THREE, states.

Then we have South Africa. A little bitty country on the tip of Africa that legalized same-sex marriage back in November 2006. And yet people scoff at us South Africans and ask stupid questions like, "But why are you white?" when they meet us.

Yes, South Africa became the fifth country in the world to legalize same-sex marriage, and is the first country in Africa to do so.

Makes me proud that I come from a country that open.

But back to my friend. I don't know when, and I don't know where, but he is going to marry another guy. How cool is that?

My only question is this: what would the minister say? "you may now kiss the ..... um, the .... uh ..."?

No comments:

Post a Comment