Friday, August 14, 2009

... my home becomes the Dolly Parton House of Love

The room mate has found a new love interest. Yesterday marked their one-week 'anniversary'.

In this time, they have gazed lovingly into one another's eyes. They have cuddled on the sofa. And the love interest has moved in!

Now I'm all for helping someone out - he lives at home with Mom and Dad - but to be told, "Oh, R is moving in for a while." is quite a thing.

I wasn't asked, but hell, whatever. As long as he chips in for rent and food, whatever. Seriously. But all this cooey cooey lovey dovey stuff makes me want to reach into the medicine cabinet for an anti nausea pill.

I've tried chatting to the room mate about the tremendous speed this 'relationship' is going at but was told, "Sometimes you just know!" Mmmmm, ok. Well, I'm happy he's happy. But in the interim, I'm waiting to hear this played around the house:

"Love is like a butterfly
As soft and gentle as a sigh
The multicolored moods of love are like its satin wings
Love makes your heart feel strange inside
It flutters like soft wings in flight
Love is like a butterfly, a rare and gentle thing"


Thanks, Dolly. Please pass the Zofran.

No comments:

Post a Comment