Tuesday, August 4, 2009

... I might become a HOBOsapien

I may have been born a Homosapien, but if things don't start working out for me, I may well soon become a hobosapien.

The room mate and I had a huge fight. I mean huge. On the street. Late late on a Friday night. Fists - and tempers - were raised. And we both agreed it would be the best thing for me to move out.

The thing is, I had spoken to him about it before and he didn't like that idea. And now he is asking me to stay. But I can't.

So I have been searching "room mate wanted" ads and all I see are ads for '8 college kids looking for a 9th in our 5 bedroom house." Seriously? I can't live somewhere like that. I'm not 19 anymore.

Or the ad that read, "Room mate wanted. Bust have a bangin body." Hey my carcass ain't half bad, but it's not bangin, so I guess that one's out.

It's not easy, this room mate search. Sure, I have money coming in each month and I am bound to be working soon, but for now, I need to find a new home. I can't stay where I am anymore. It gets a little awkward at times.

I just need a break. Cut me a break, big guy. Please. I don't want to be homeless. All I ask for is a quiet, respectful room mate, a hot bath at least once a day, and some dark and quiet when i need to sleep. In return, I promise to let you pet my cat, I'll go halves on food and utilities and rent, and you must have cable. Easy, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment