Wednesday, July 29, 2009

... my sister gets her heart broken

It happens to all of us. Eventually that fire sorta fizzles out.

My kid sister - I say 'kid sister but she's turning 22 in September, but she will always be my kid sister - has been dating this guy for almost two years. Hell, they were even living together. Her facebook status would read like some soft and drippy romance novel, but in text language:

"I luv my boi so mch i cud scrm!"

"Cnt wait 4 my man 2 cme hme."

And now, the fire has died down to a fizzle. I don't know all the details suffice to say that this was her first serious, SERIOUS boyfriend. She would talk about them maybe getting married, she was naming their kids, the whole shebang.

But as I kept tried to tell her - as overly-protective big brothers tend to do - he is a young guy. Hell, he's a year younger than she is. What 20-year old guy wants to settle down? But she had her own lessons to learn.

Poor girl, her heart is broken, she's lost her first love. And as her overly-protective big brother, I want to hop across the pond and give that snotty-nosed, pimple face twat a hiding for hurting my kid sister.

I need to take her somewhere to get her mind off of it. But then again, I know from personal experience, sometimes we need time to wallow in what was and is now no more. We need to experience the hurt and pain and the tears of love lost in order to better appreciate potential love that lies ahead.

Go forth, my brave young kid sister and leave your mark on the world. But do not be heartless. There is love out there, and it will find you when you're ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment