Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sleep?

In my last post, I spoke about my need for sleep, and yet in this post I talk about my insomnia. What gives?

The human body is indeed a strange and complex thing. I need to pop a pill to get me to sleep at night. A little white pill. The other day I decided to take a look at the lable on my little orange pill case:

Here are some of the official precautions from the drug company that makes it:


- do not take if you are allergic to anything in it
- a common side effect is drowsiness
- After taking this drug, you may get up out of bed while not being fully awake and do an activity that you do not know you are doing. The next morning, you may not remember that you did anything during the night. Reported activities include driving a car (“sleep-driving”), making and eating food, talking on the phone, having sex and sleep-walking


Well isn't that reassuring?

No comments:

Post a Comment