Saturday, February 6, 2010

Pittsburgh has come to a stand-still

Yup, the whole city has come to a stand-still. Last night we received 24 inches of snow. In one night. It just fell. BAM! Just like that. Cars are covered, sidewalks are unwalkable, it's chaos out there.

So this morning I trotted downstairs to my building's entrance because I had to carry my skinny carcass to work. And this is the scene that greeted me. I couldn't even get the door open. And those big blocks of white ... are snow-covered cars!

I went onto the Port Authotity website to see if I could hop on a bus to get to work. It seems even they aren't running. This was the message on their website:

Bus service remains shut down Saturday morning due to weather. Only one EBA is running on the East Busway between Swissvale and Penn Station - but not beyond the end of the busway into Downtown. UPDATED 12:30 PM AM, SATURDAY



Port Authority has shut down all T service until weather conditions improve. UPDATED 12:30 PM, SATURDAY


Customer Service phone lines are not available today due to weather-related issues. We apologize for any inconvenience.


The Mon Incline is out of service due to weather conditions. UPDATED 12:30 PM, SATURDAY.


Oh dear, what now?!

No comments:

Post a Comment