Thursday, February 4, 2010

Check please!

If you take a closer look at this pic, you'll notice that the lovely, volumputous lady is sweating. I doubt she was sweating because she had just eaten a hot curry - because this is an Italian restaurant, not an Indian curry house - but rather she had just received her bill for dinner.

Tonight I went out to Lucca's Ristorante in Oakland - the academic neighborhood of Pittsburgh. Now Lucca's is a nice little place. A little pretentious, a little swanky, and a little big on their prices.

Take for example my Altantic Salmon dish:


Salmon. Rice. Grapes. And almonds. For $27. It wasn't the bone in the salmon I was choking over. And it wasn't that phenomenal either. No, this is a not a food review, but I have a question: Since when did going out to eat cost an arm, a leg, and the GDP of a small Italian village?

All moaning and groaning aside, the ristorante was nice. Quaint. That's why I took pics, because I doubt I'll be going back to see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment