Monday, December 14, 2009

This year, Christmas will be at my sister's house. Tell everyone!


My sister is an odd creature. She believes that certain things should always - and under no circumstance should this rule be overseen - stay in their place. She likes to organize, arrange, snap at, and make things so that they are just so.

Bless. She is indeed a special one.

And this year, she has decided that everyone and Hitler is invited to Christmas at her house. Ok, so Hitler isn't really invited, partly because my brother-in-law's family is Jewish, so you can just imagine there would be a little tension at the table.

But anyway, Miss Malone is having my mother, my other sister, my younger brother, my mother's love interest, my niece and nephew and her husband all neatly squashed in at the table for Christmas lunch. And let me tell you, she has put together a feast that would fatten up the skinniest African refugee.

I'm guessing there will be one seat left empty because that's where my bony ass should be. But alas, I shall not be there for Christmas. I shall be here. But I am sure that with enough people to start an uprising, her house will be festive, full and bursting at the seams.

No comments:

Post a Comment