Monday, December 21, 2009

Someone's been grating ice

Bucket-loads of the stuff by the looks of things. I woke up on Saturday afternoon (yes, afternoon, as in past noon) and this spectacle was beset before mine own eyes!

And to think, just a few posts ago I was saying what a "smattering of snow: looked like. Pffff. Looks like someone up there has been busy. But it looks pretty and it's moer se koud (swearing in Afrikaans).

These were taken around my little apartment in the east end of Pittsburgh. You like?












And then, the next day, the sun came out just to blind us all. Yes, it was still blinding white outside. But it was still mighty purdy. And if you thought driving the highway from Cape Town to Durban was insidiously dangerous, try taking a spin on roads like this.














One word. Brrrrrrrrrrr.

I was born and raised in Africa and spent six years living in the Middle East. I don't do cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment