Wednesday, December 9, 2009

... I send off my Christmas cards



It's that time of year again - when I head off to various stores and pick up some Christmas cards for the chosen few. In a few days (or, if you're lucky, a few months if you live down in South Africa) mail boxes will be brimming with bright red envelopes, and inside will be a nice big Christmas card with handwritten words that would surely melt even Hitler's heart.

If you're fortunate enough to receive one such hand-written gesture of my holiday generosity, count yourself lucky. I only send out about ten a year. Not because I'm a Scrooge, but because it takes so much effort. Buying stamps, sitting down and trying to be all deep and stuff, then mosying on down to the Post Office and dropping them off in the big blue boxes.

So far I have received exactly zero Christmas cards this year. That's right, zero. As in zip, zilch, nada. But that's ok. Christmas is about giving - and for those folks who didn't send me a card this year, I'll be giving them a long 'what for'.

Ho ho ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment