Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My friend

I have a friend, WRM, who lives in the most beautiful city in the world. WRM lives a very glamorous life down in this beautiful city. And who wouldn't when this is your daily backdrop:



The other day, WRM sent me mms messages from this beautiful city. She told me about bendy trees that bend with the southeaster winds, and "they are elephant trunks so they're bendy", so there!




 Then my friend who lives a very glamorous life trotted off to Signal Hill, an observation point in this beautiful city, and listened in on a conversation some Americans were having about Robben Island. America has Alcatraz, South Africa has Robben Island.




"You know, Carol Anne, when we left our beach cottage on Hilton Head Island back in South Carolina, I thought we were going to see lions, and elephants. You know, Africa?!"


"Oh Carlyle, I'm sure we will when we head up to that Kruger Park place tomorrow. But right now, look at that pretty island. I think someone famous stayed there."


"Yeah well back in America, we have Alcatraz and it's better developed. This is Africa!"


"Honey chops, did you pack your safari hat for that Kruger Park place?"


My friend, WRM, gets to see some interesting things down in Cape Town.

No comments:

Post a Comment