Friday, June 12, 2009

... things move slower than a snail


Sometimes things don't go as planned. And that's okay. Just imagine how boring life would be then.

But once, just once I'd like something to go right. Like this job offer I received from a saltmine out in the Middle East. It's one hiccup after another. First they want my college diploma. And I don't have it. It's neatly gathering dust folded away in a box in the basement of my fraternity house, in Virginia! Glitch #1.

Now they want passport-sized photos with a blue background. It MUST be blue! In Pittsburgh, that's like demanding street tar with your martini. Glitch #2.

I'm wondering if I'll ever get to board a plan to the Land of Sand.

And if it doesn't come to pass, then so be it. I shall just scratch my head in wonderment.

Let's see.

No comments:

Post a Comment