Thursday, September 22, 2011

I'm going back to the Land of Sand

Several years ago, I boarded a plane in a dirty little airport in Abu Dhabi and settled back in my squished-yet-cushioned seat for what was going to be a very long flight - via Amsterdam, on to San Francisco. Now it appears that five years of trying to get all that of the Middle Eastern deserts out of my ears, I have an itch to go back. And so shall it be. That itch shall be scratched.

Next week I shall be boarding yet another plane. This one bound for Bahrain, via where who knows?! An email, a phone call, and a job offer later, I find myself headed back to the hottest place on the planet. Sure, we're going into winter, but all that means is a little less sizzle - until May. Will keep yinz updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment